Adapted from the Jerusalem Cookbook
Turkey & Zucchini Burgers with Sumac Yogurt Sauce
- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound Ground Turkey
- 1 Large Zucchini, coarsely grated
- 3 Scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tablespoon Mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoon Parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon Za'atar and Sumac Topping
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 Burger Rolls
- Butterhead Lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the turkey burgers (everything on the list before sour cream).
- Mix with your hands and then shape into any size burger that you wish (we made 4 for 4 people).
- Grill, bake, or sautee the burgers until cooked through.
- For the sauce, combine all of the ingredients (everything from sour cream down to black pepper) in a small bowl. Stir well and set aside or chill until needed.
- Serve the burgers warm or at room temperature on a bun or butterhead lettuce, with the sauce spooned over or on the side.