Adapted from the Jerusalem Cookbook
Turkey & Zucchini Burgers with Sumac Yogurt Sauce
- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Ready-in: 30 minutes
- 2 pound Ground Turkey
- 2 Zucchini (large, coarsely grated)
- 6 stalks Scallions (thinly sliced)
- 2 Eggs
- 0.25 cup Mint, chopped
- 0.25 cup Parsley, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1.3 cup Plain Yogurt
- 4 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Sumac
- 4 Burger Rolls
- Butterhead Lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the turkey burgers (everything on the list before sour cream).
- Mix with your hands and then shape into any size burger that you wish (we made 4 for 4 people).
- Grill, bake, or sautee the burgers until cooked through.
- For the sauce, combine all of the ingredients (everything from sour cream down to black pepper) in a small bowl. Stir well and set aside or chill until needed.
- Serve the burgers warm or at room temperature on a bun or butterhead lettuce, with the sauce spooned over or on the side.