Tomato Crostini with Feta
- Serves: 10
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Ready-in: 25 minutes
- 6 ounce Feta (crumbled)
- 1 cup Olive Oil (divided)
- 1.5 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 2 tablespoon Shallots (minced)
- 2 pound Heirloom Tomatoes (diced)
- 3 + extra for serving Basil (julienned)
- 1 loaf Comune (sliced and lightly toasted)
- 2 tablespoon Pinenuts (lightly toasted)
- 3 ounce Scapegoat Goat Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- Place feta and Scapegoat in food processor; pulse until cheeses are mixed.
- Add 1/3 cup of oil oil, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper; process until smooth.
- Up to an hour before serving, combine shallots and vinegar in bowl.
- Let rest for 5 minutes then whisk in the remaining 1/3 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Stir in tomatoes and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Toast pinenuts over low heat for ~ 3 - 5 minutes. (Watch carefully to make sure they don't burn!) Set aside to cool.
- Add basil in and taste for seasonings.
- Slice bread, very lightly toast and allow to cool. Add whipped feta to each piece.
- Place tomatoes on top and scatter with pinenuts and extra basil.