Swirled Berry Yogurt Popsiclesourharvest.com/recipes/swirled-berry-yogurt-popsicles
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 260 Minutes
Ready In: 270 Minutes
- 2 cup Berries (of choice)
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 0.5 Lemon (or 1 Lime)
- 0.5 cup Water
- 0.5 cup Sugar
- 1.5 cup Plain, Unsweetened Yogurt
- If your berries are large, especially blackberries, cut them in half. Place berries in a bowl and squeeze 1 tablespoon lemon juice over it. (Do not discard the peel.) Add honey, stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place lemon peel, water and sugar in a saucepan. Cook, stirring, until it comes to a boil and sugar has dissolved. Gently simmer for 5 minutes more. Strain out peel and chill syrup completely (in fridge).
- Whisk yogurt and chilled syrup together.
- Place the berry mixture and any juices that have accumulated in a blender and whirl until desired texture.
- Assemble popsicles by alternating pouring a little of the yogurt mixture, then a little of the berry mixture into each popsicle mold, repeating as desired until you reach 1/4-inch from the tops, leaving room for expansion as they freeze.
- Use a fork to lightly swirl the mixtures together.
- If using conventional molds, snap on the lid and freeze until solid, 3 to 4 hours. If using glasses or other unconventional molds, freeze until the pops are beginning to set (45 minutes to 1 hour), then insert the sticks and freeze until solid, 3 to 4 hours.