Strawberry Rhubarb Crispourharvest.com/recipes/strawberry-rhubarb-crisp
- 2 pounds Rhubarb (sliced 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 quart (~1 lb) Strawberries
- 1.25 cups Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 stick (4 oz) Unsalted Butter
- 1.5 cups Light Brown Sugar
- 1.5 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1.25 cups Rolled Oats
- 3 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- 1.5 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 0.75 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Combine the rhubarb in a bowl with 3/4 cup of sugar, and let sit for 15 minutes
- In another bowl, mix the strawberries with 1/2 cup of sugar and let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Using a slotted spoon, add the rhubarb to the strawberries, being sure not to add any liquid from the rhubarb bowl. (You can save this rhubarb syrup for another use)
- Add the cornstarch, lemon juice, and vanilla to the fruit and stir well.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients for the topping (butter, light brown sugar, all-purpose flour, rolled oats, sunflower oil, cinnamon, and salt), and then mix with your hands until large crumbs form.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the filling and bake for 30 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 325 and bake ~30 minutes longer, until the fruit is bubbling and the top is nicely browned.
- Let the crisp rest for 10-20 minutes before serving.