Rebecca and Mike Winik
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 Medium Sweet Peppers, Finely Chopped
- 2 Medium Yellow Onions, Finely Chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 16 ounce Navy Beans (soaked)
- 16 ounce Black Beans (soaked)
- 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoon Cumin
- 2 teaspoon Oregano
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon A&B Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Andrew's Honey
- 1 Bag Nixtamal Tortilla Chips
- Creme Fraiche
- 2 pound Ground Turkey
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large pot or skillet.
- Brown the turkey, breaking up into small pieces.
- Once the turkey is browned and almost cooked through, add the peppers and onions and sauté for 7-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the turkey, peppers, and onions to the slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. When chili is done cooking, taste for seasoning.
- Serve with tortilla chips and creme fraiche. Note: This chili is even better the next day. Plan ahead!