Adapted from Sam Sifton, The New York Times
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Yogurt Sauce
- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 3 Sweet Potatoes, Large
- 2 tablespoon Honey (hot honey, if you like it extra spicy!)
- 1 tablespoon Crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoon Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly-ground Black Pepper
- 0.5 cup Plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoon Lemon juice, freshly-squeezed
- 2 Scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 425. Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and then again into 3-4 wedges per half. Put them in a large bowl, and toss them with the honey, ½ tablespoon of the crushed red-pepper flakes, and 2 tbsp of the olive oil. Let it sit for about 10 minutes, tossing once or twice to coat, as the oven heats.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, and bake until they are deeply caramelized around the edges and soft when pierced with a fork at their thickest part, approximately 30 to 35 minutes.
- As the potatoes roast, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, and remaining tbsp of olive oil in a small bowl. Whisk to combine, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, transfer them to a serving platter, drizzle the yogurt over them and garnish with the remaining crushed red pepper flakes, the scallions and some flaky sea salt .