Adapted from Ina Garten
Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 Butternut squash (about 1.5 lb), peeled and 3/4" diced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Pure maple syrup
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tablespoon Dried cranberries
- 0.75 cup Apple cider or apple juice
- 2 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 0.5 pound Baby spinach
- 0.5 cup Walnuts, chopped toasted
- 0.75 cup sharp cheese, shaved or grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place butternut squash on a sheet pan and toss with 2 tbsp olive oil, the maple syrup, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes, turning once, until tender. Add the cranberries to the pan for the last 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the apple cider or juice, vinegar, and shallots in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 6-8 minutes, until the cider is reduced to about 1/4 cup. Off the heat, whisk in the mustard, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Place the spinach in a large salad bowl and add the roasted squash mixture, the walnuts, and the cheese. Pour enough dressing over the salad to moisten. Toss well and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve immediately.