Roasted Acorn Squash with Beet Muhammaraourharvest.com/recipes/roasted-acorn-squash-with-beet-muhammara
- 1 bunch Red beets
- 1 2 pack Acorn Squash
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 cup Roasted almonds
- 1 Lemon
- 3 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Sherry or Red Wine vinegar
- 0.3 cup Oil
- 1 teaspoon Chili flakes
- 3 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1.5 tablespoon Herby Chimichurri
- Trim the tops off the beets and scrub. Coat in oil and 1 tsp of salt. Add thyme and wrap in aluminum foil. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 50 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Halve the acorn squash crosswise, scoop out and discard the seeds, and slice into 1/2" half-rounds.
- Drizzle squash with oil and 1 tsp salt. Toss to combine. Roast on a baking sheet for approximately 25 minutes until golden.
- Combine garlic, maple syrup, almonds, 2 tsp salt, lemon zest, lemon juice, chili flakes, and vinegar in a food processor and puree until the mixture is smooth.
- Once beets are cool enough to handle, peel the skins away and chop.
- Add the chopped beets to the mixture and blend until combined. Add salt to taste.
- Spread the muhammara on a plate and place the roasted squash on top. Drizzle with Herby Chimichurri to finish.