Quinoa Veggie Bowl
- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Ready-in: 35 minutes
- 1.25 cup Quinoa
- 1.25 cup String Beans
- 1 pint Sungolds or Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 3 ears Sweet Corn
- 2 tablespoon Parsley (washed & chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 teaspoon Kosher Salt (divided)
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- Rinse 1.25 cup of quinoa and then combine with 1.75 cups of water in a pot. Add a 1.5 tsp of kosher salt and bring to a boil. Turn heat on low, cover and cook for 12 - 15 minutes. Let the quinoa cool for 5 minutes off the heat but still covered.
- Trim the ends off the string beans. Bring a shallow pot of water with a steamer basket to a boil. Add the beans, cover and cook for ~4 minutes. (You still want them to have a slight crunch, so don't overcook.) Set aside to cool.
- Bring a large stock pot of water to boil. Add the corn and cook for ~ 4 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, slice kernels off the cob.
- Toss corn with the halved cherry tomatoes and parsley. One the beans are cool enough to handle, slice into 1/4" pieces and add to the veggie mix.
- When the quinoa is done, fluff with a fork and then transfer to a large bowl. Then, gently fold in the veggie mixture. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1.5 tsp of kosher salt and 1 tsp of pepper and mix. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.