Potato and Carrot Soupourharvest.com/recipes/potato-and-carrot-soup
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Ready In: 60 Minutes
- 4 ounce Butter
- 3 Potatoes, chopped
- 1 pound Carrots, chopped
- 1 Inch Fresh ginger (peeled and grated) or 1 tsp powdered ginger (Optional)
- 2 Shallots, diced
- 4 cup Broth, stock or water
- Crème Fraiche or Fromage Blanc, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Sauté shallots in butter over medium-low heat until softened (about 10 mins).
- Add carrots, potatoes, and ginger (optional) and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add broth, stock, or water, and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Blend to smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Can be served warm or cold depending on the season and your preference. Serve with a dollop of crème fraiche or fromage blanc on top and a fresh grind of pepper.