Perfect Pasta Salad with Chicken
- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Ready-in: 35 minutes
- 1 pound Dried Pasta (penne or fusilli)
- 1 pint Sungold or Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 2 cup Sweet Bell Peppers (1/2 in pieces)
- 1.5 cup String Beans (trimmed)
- Gotham Green's Vegan Lemon Basil Vinaigrette (to taste)
- 2.25 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 + more to salt water Kosher Salt
- 0.5 teaspoon Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 pound Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Rub the chicken with 1.5 tbsp olive oil and salt. Place on a sheet pan covered with parchment and roast ~20 - 25 minutes (the internal temperature should be 165 degrees F). When done, set aside to cool.
- Bring a pot of (very well) salted water to a rolling boil. Add pasta, cook until al dente. Drain and toss with 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Meanwhile, bring a separate pot of water to a boil (about 1" deep). Place a steamer basket in the pot, add the beans and cover with a lid. Steam for about 3 - 4 minutes, then remove from the basket and set aside to cool.
- Shred chicken when it is still warm but cool enough to handle. Then, slice the green beans into 1/2" pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken and veggies and mix together. Toss with the Lemon Basil Vinaigrette (enough to coat the ingredients) and pepper. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.