Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
Perfect Blueberry Muffins
- Serves: 10
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Ready-in: 45 minutes
- 5 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Lemon Zest from 1/2 Lemon
- 3/4 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 cups Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- 3 tablespoon Turbinado or Coconut Sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line a muffin tin with 9 paper liners or spray each cup with a nonstick spray.
- Melt butter on the stovetop. Cool slightly, transfer to a large bowl and whisk in sugar, zest, yogurt and egg until smooth.
- Whisk in baking powder, baking soda and salt until fully combined, then lightly fold in flour and berries.
- Divide between prepared muffin cups and sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until tops are golden and a tester inserted into the center of muffins comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then the rest of the way on a rack.