Pasta with Sungold Tomatoesourharvest.com/recipes/pasta-with-sungold-tomatoes
- 2 Pints Sungold Tomatoes
- 4 Cloves Garlic (Sliced)
- 1 package Rigatoni or Other Pasta
- 1.5 cup Parmigiano Reggiano (or Pecorino Romano)
- 6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 12 Leaves Fresh Basil (torn into pieces)
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, and red pepper flakes, season with salt, and cook, covered slightly and stirring often, until tomatoes pop, about 10-12 minutes.
- Squish tomatoes with a spoon to release their juices. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta to 2 minutes shy of the directions. Be sure to generously salt the water. Before draining pasta, reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Put skillet back on high heat, and toss in drained pasta and add 1/2 cup of pasta water. Stir often until the sauce begins to reduce / thicken. About 1 minute.
- Stir in cheese, 1 tablespoon of oil (optional) and half of the basil until the sauce fully coats the pasta. You can add more pasta water if the sauce thickens too much.
- Add remaining basil, season with salt to taste, and serve with addition parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.