Adapted from a recipe by Ina Garten
Pan-Fried Onion Dip
- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Ready-in: 40 minutes
- 2 Large Yellow Onions, diced
- 4 tablespoon Butter
- 0.75 cup Olive oil, divided
- 0.25 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper, optional
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 0.5 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 ounce Fromage Blanc
- 0.5 cup Sour Cream
- 1 Bag Potato Chips
- Heat the butter and 1/4 cup of oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions, cayenne pepper (optional), salt, and pepper and saute for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 more minutes until the onions are browned and caramelized. Allow the onions to cool.
- Place the fromage blanc, sour cream and 1/2 cup of olive oil in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until smooth. (Can be done by hand if dairy is pre-softened.)
- Add the onions and mix well. Taste for seasonings. Serve at room temperature.