Adapted from a recipe by Ina Garten
Pan-Fried Onion Dip
- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Ready-in: 40 minutes
- 2 Large Yellow Onions
- 4 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 0.25 cup Vegetable Oil
- 0.25 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 0.5 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 ounce Cream Cheese, at Room Temperature
- 0.5 cup Sour Cream
- 0.5 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Bag Potato Chips
- Cut the onions in half and then slice them into 1/8-inch thick half-rounds. (You will have about 3 cups of onions.)
- Heat the Vermont Creamery butter and oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions, cayenne, salt, and pepper and saute for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 more minutes until the onions are browned and caramelized. Allow the onions to cool.
- Place the cream cheese, HVF sour cream and mayonnaise in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until smooth.
- Add the onions and mix well. Taste for seasonings. Serve at room temperature.