Adapted from Chef John at Allrecipes.com
- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 pound Ground Chicken
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 2/3 Cup Chicken Stock
- 2/3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2/3 tbsp White Sugar
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 8 cloves or 6 stalks Garlic or Spring Garlic
- 1/4 cup or 1 bunch Onions or Spring Onions
- 1/4 cup or less depending on your heat tolerance Hot Peppers (Thai Chili, Serrano, or Jalapeno)
- 1 bunch Basil
- to Serve Rice
- Mix chicken broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, white sugar, and brown sugar in a bowl until combined.
- Heat skillet over very high heat. Add the ground chicken and cook until it is mostly cooked through and begins to brown.
- Add garlic, onions (or spring garlic and spring onions), and chilis. Cook for several minutes until everything starts to caramelize.
- Add some of the sauce (2 tablespoons), and stir until it begins to caramelize - ~2 minutes.
- Pour in the rest of the sauce and continue cooking until the sauce is reduced and glazes the chicken. Depending on the heat of your stove this step can take anywhere from 1 minute to more than 5. Just keep an eye on it! Once ready, remove from heat and stir in the basil.
- Serve with rice.