Adapted from Karen Baar, New York Times
Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoon Creme Fraiche
- 2 tablespoon Maple syrup
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork and bake for 45-50 minutes, until soft. Let cool slightly.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half and scoop the insides into a bowl. Add the butter, creme fraiche, and maple syrup. Mash or beat the potatoes with a whisk until smooth and fully incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a casserole and cover. Keep warm until ready to serve.