Lunch Box: Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl
- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Ready-in: 30 minutes
- 1.25 cup Quinoa
- 1.5 cup Sprouted Chickpeas
- 1 cup Feta (cubed)
- 1 pint Sungold or Mixed Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 2 cup Sweet Bell Peppers (diced)
- 2 cup Cucumber (diced)
- 2 tablespoon Mint (chopped)
- 0.33 cup Red Onion (small dice)
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 1.5 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Rinse 1.25 cup of quinoa and then combine with 1.75 cups of water in a pot. Add a 1.5 tsp of kosher salt and bring to a boil. Turn heat on low, cover and cook for 12 - 15 minutes. Let the quinoa cool for 5 minutes off the heat but still covered.
- Meanwhile, bring a small sauce pan of very salted water to a boil. Add chickpeas and cook until tender (~7 minutes). Be careful to not overcook. Drain and set aside to cool.
- When the quinoa is done, fluff with a fork and then transfer to a large bowl. Add the chickpeas, feta, tomatoes, peppers, onion, cucumbers and mint.
- Add olive oil, salt, black pepper and toss together. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.