Leg of Lamb with Garlic and Rosemaryourharvest.com/recipes/leg-of-lamb-with-garlic-and-rosemary
- Leg of Lamb
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Rosemary (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Dry Red Wine
- Dry lamb thoroughly, then score the fat by making shallow cuts all over with tip of a sharp knife.
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound garlic and sea salt into a paste, then combine with rosemary and pepper. If the paste seems a bit dry, add a little olive oil to loosen it up.
- In a roasting pan, coat lamb with the seasoned paste all over, making sure that it is completely covered. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roast lamb in the oven until an instant read thermometer placed into the thickest part of the meat registers 125° to 130°F for medium-rare, or 130° to 135°F for medium. This should take ~1.5 hours.
- Remove the meat from the pan, and let meat rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- Optional sauce: Add wine to roasting pan and deglaze by boiling over moderately high heat, stirring and scraping up all the brown bits. This should take approximately 1 minute. Season pan juices with salt and pepper and serve with lamb.