Kale and Walnut Pestoourharvest.com/recipes/kale-and-walnut-pesto
- 0.5 pound Kale leaves
- 0.5 cup Walnuts
- Lemon, juiced and zested
- 3 Garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly-ground Black Pepper
- 0.5 cup Olive Oil
- 0.75 cup Parmesan, grated
- Toast walnuts in a dry saute pan until lightly browned. Add to a food processor with coarsely chopped garlic and a large pinch of lemon zest.
- Add kale and 2 tbsp lemon juice to food processor. It may be necessary to add kale in batches. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Once all of the kale is chopped, taste for seasonings and flavor. Add more garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper as desired.
- With the food processor running, stream in the olive oil. You are looking for a loose paste-like consistency.
- Transfer pesto to a bowl and fold in Parmesan. Serve with pasta, toasted bread, grilled chicken, or roasted salmon.