Hanging on to Summer (in the form of dessert)ourharvest.com/recipes/hanging-on-to-summer-in-the-form-of-dessert
Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Ready In: 85 Minutes
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder (the aluminum-free kind, if you can find it)
- 1 Large Pinch of Salt
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar plus 1 to 2 tablespoon (depending on sweetness of plums)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Large Eggs
- 12 Plums, halved and pitted
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Sift the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- Cream 1 cup sugar and the butter in a large bowl with a hand mixer (or in a stand mixer) until light in color. Add the dry ingredients and then the eggs.
- Spoon the batter into an ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Cover the top of the batter with the plum halves, skin side up. Sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon of sugar and the lemon juice, adjusting to the tartness of the fruit. Sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Bake until the cake is golden and the plums are bubbly, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool on a rack, then unmold.