Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 lbs of shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail on
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of urfa biber pepper
- 2 tablespoons of thyme leaves
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- Create marinade by combining olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Add peeled and deveined shrimp to a ziploc bag or other sealable container.
- Pour marinade over the shrimp, seal, and shake, making sure that the shrimp is well coated / covered in the marinade.
- Let marinade in the refrigerator for 2-6 hours.
- Pre-heat grill to medium heat.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and place onto skewers, being careful to slide the skewer through the shrimp near the tail and the head so the shrimp are secure (note: if using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water so they don't burn).
- Grill the shrimp for 4-5 minutes then turn and grill for 4-5 more minutes, until shrimp are firm and pink.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!