Grandma Gloria Dinowitz
Grandma Gloria's Brisket
- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 Brisket, 4-5 lb.
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt, plus more for seasoning meat
- 0.5 tablespoon Freshly-ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning meat
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder or granulated onion (optional)
- 2 Onions, sliced thinly
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 0.5 cup Ketchup
- 0.5 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 0.5 cup Water
- 2 Bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients together, except for brisket and bay leaves, in a bowl. Pour half of marinade into the pan and spread out. Place meat on top of marinade and season generously with kosher salt and pepper. Cover the meat with the remaining half of the marinade. Put bay leaves in at the end.
- Cover pan tightly with foil and bake for 2.5-3 hours (increase time for larger brisket). Test with a fork for doneness. Brisket should be quite tender. Discard bay leaves.
- Slice meat across grain after it cools. Strain the pan juice to create a gravy.