Garlic Thyme Smashed Potatoes
- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Ready-in: 60 minutes
- 2 pound Yukon Gold potatoes
- Kosher salt
- 1.5 teaspoon Black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 + 2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoon Thyme (chopped)
- 1.5 tablespoon Butter (unsalted, cubed)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes and 2 tablespoons salt in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain potatoes and place on a sheet pan. Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil to coat, 1 tbsp salt and 1 tsp of pepper. Using a metal measuring cup, press each potato until flattened but mostly still in one piece..
- Sprinkle with the cubes of butter, minced garlic and chopped thyme leaves, then drizzle the remaining olive oil over top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until skins are nicely browned. Sprinkle with pinch of salt when hot and serve.