Garlic Thyme Smashed Potatoes
- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 pound Yukon Gold potatoes
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 0.25 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoon Fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes and 2 tablespoons salt in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Depending on the size of the potatoes, this could take anywhere from 20-30 minutes. Drain potatoes and place on a sheet pan. Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil to coat. Using a metal measuring cup, press each potato until flattened but still in one piece. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with the minced garlic and chopped thyme leaves.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until skins are nicely browned.