Gabe's Rutabaga Saladourharvest.com/recipes/gabes-rutabaga-salad
- 1 Rutabaga
- 1 Bunch Dandelion Greens (chopped coarsely)
- 1 Bunch Spring Onions (sliced thin, bulbs separated from greens)
- 0.5 lb Asparagus
- Opal Basil
- 4 oz Farmers Cheese
- 10 oz Edamame (shucked)
- 1 Lemon
- 0.25 lb Spinach
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Bring 5 quart pot of water to boil and add 1/2 tsp salt.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel rutabaga. Slice thinly on a mandoline, then cut across into a fine julienne.
- Add rutabaga to boiling water for 30 seconds, drain, and shock in a bowl of iced water.
- In a 12 inch sauté pan over medium heat add 1 Tbsp olive oil and add spring onion whites (or bulbs) until soft.
- Add dandelion, asparagus, rutabaga, spring onion tops and edamame and cook for 30 to 1 minute, just to warm through. Add lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour everything into a serving bowl and add dollops of farmer cheese and torn basil.