- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound Fresh Fettuccine
- 2 bunches Ramps
- 4 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Freshly-ground Black Pepper
- 0.5 cup Breadcrumbs
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Clean and prepare the ramps. Remove the outermost husk but no leaves. Trim the end of the bulb. Separate the bulb/white from the leaf/green. Cut the bulb/white into 1" pieces. Cut the leaves in half.
- Just before the water comes to a boil, heat the oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Saute the bulbs/whites of the ramps until golden brown. Be careful not to burn. Lower the heat to medium.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the ramp leaves to the saute pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Just before draining pasta, remove some of the pasta water and reserve. Drain pasta. Add to saute pan with ramps and toss. Add additional olive oil if necessary and a small amount of pasta water to bring the dish together.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs to taste. Toss together. Serve in bowls with grated cheese if desired.