Dona Chai Pancakesourharvest.com/recipes/dona-chai-pancakes
- 2 cup Flour
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1.5 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1.25 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cup Buttermilk
- 0.5 cup Dona Chai
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tablespoon Butter (melted)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Place a baking sheet with a wire rack, or heat proof plate in oven, use to keep finished pancakes warm before serving.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Make a well in the center. In a liquid measuring cup, combine 2 cups buttermilk with ½ cup Dona Chai. Pour buttermilk & chai mixture into the well of the dry ingredients, add the 2 eggs and melted butter. Working from the center of the well, gradually whisk wet and dry to combine, be careful not to over mix. Batter should have small to medium lumps.
- Heat a non-stick pan, cast-iron pan, or griddle on medium high heat until a few drops of water sprinkled on bounce off. Grease the pan with butter or oil.
- Using a 4-ounce ladle (about 1/2 cup), pour pancake batter, careful not to crowd the pan keeping at least 2 inches between pancakes. When pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around edges, about 2 1/2 minutes, flip over. Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter, keeping finished pancakes on a heatproof plate in oven.