Adapted from J. Kenji Lopez-Alt, Serious Eats
- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 dozen eggs
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 0.5 teaspoon hot sauce
- 0.25 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon spring garlic, green parts only, thinly sliced
- Flaked sea salt
- Add a tray of ice cubes to a large bowl and fill with water. Fill a large pot with 1 inch of water. Place steamer insert inside, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add eggs to steamer basket, cover, and continue cooking over high heat for 12 minutes. Immediately place eggs in a bowl of ice water and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes. Crack egg shells gently on counter, and peel under cool running water. Slice each egg in half lengthwise.
- Place all of the yolks in the bowl of a food processor. Select 16 of the best looking egg white halves and set aside. Reserve the remaining 8 for another use. Add mayonnaise, mustard, half of vinegar, and hot sauce to food processor and process until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- With machine running, slowly drizzle in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season mixture to taste with salt and remaining vinegar (if desired). Transfer to ziplock bag. Filling and egg white halves can be stored in the refrigerator up to overnight before filling and serving.
- Cut off corner of ziplock bag, and pipe filling mixture into egg whites, overstuffing each hole. Drizzle with remaining olive oil, sprinkle with black pepper, spring garlic, and sea salt. Serve immediately.