Day Boat Scallop Scampiourharvest.com/recipes/day-boat-scallop-scampi
- 1.5 pound Scallops
- 1.5 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoon Butter
- 3 Organic Garlic cloves, slivered
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 0.25 cup White wine
- 2 tablespoon Capers
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- In a large heavy-bottomed skillet, heat the oil and half of the butter over medium-high heat until mixture starts to brown.
- Transfer half of the scallops to a very hot skillet and cook without moving until seared. You can check the bottom of one to confirm before flipping the rest – if it hasn’t browned wait a little longer.
- Gently flip and sear on other side until caramelized (this side will cook more quickly). Remove from skillet; add remaining scallops and butter. Cook in the same manner as the first batch.
- Once the second batch of scallops is finished cooking, return the first batch to the skillet and give a quick, gentle toss.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, wine and capers. Season with salt and pepper.
- Give a gentle toss and finish with parsley and lemon zest. Serve immediately.