Adapted from Martha Stewart
Crispy Roasted Shiitakes
- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound Shiitake Mushrooms stems removed
- 0.25 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Clean mushrooms by rinsing gently in water and patting dry. Place mushroom caps on a baking sheet, gill-side up. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil, turn mushrooms, and drizzle with remaining 2 tbsp olive oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper and toss to coat.
- Roast mushrooms for 25 minutes. Turn mushrooms and continue to roast until larger mushrooms are crisp on edges and smaller ones are crisp throughout, 10-15 minutes more. Season with more salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.