Inspired by a recipe by David Tanis in the NYTimes
Citrus and Lobster Salad
- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Ready-in: 10 minutes
- 1 Steamed whole split lobster
- 1 Heirloom Navel Orange
- 1 Blood Orange
- 1 Cara Cara Orange
- Olive Oil
- 0.25 cup Prosecco
- Black Pepper
- Remove the lobster meat from the shell.
- With a sharp knife, cut the top and bottom of the oranges off until some flesh is exposed. Continue removing the remainder of the skin and pith by running your knife down the rounded sides of the fruit.
- Slice the oranges crosswise about 1/4" thick.
- Arrange slices in shallow bowls, making sure to evenly distribute the different colors/oranges between the bowls .
- Season the fruit with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Arrange half of the lobster meat (tail and claw) on each plate over citrus.
- Season the lobster meat and lightly drizzle with olive oil
- At the table, pour 2 tablespoons of Prosecco over the salad and enjoy!