Carrot Ginger Soupourharvest.com/recipes/carrot-ginger-soup
- 3 pound Organic Rainbow Carrots
- 0.25 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon Minced green onion
- 1 Pinch Red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 0.5 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 0.5 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 8 cup Vegetable stock
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 4 ounce Butter
- Peel the carrots and slice thinly.
- In a stockpot, heat the oil and sauté the garlic, minced ginger, green onions and pepper flakes for 1 to 2 minutes or just until glossy. Do not allow to develop color.
- Add the carrots, salt, pepper, turmeric and honey. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and add the cream if you are using it.
- Cook for 40 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Transfer to a blender; add the butter and process to a puree.
- Strain soup into a new stockpot. If the soup is too thick, add extra stock. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and honey.