Adapted from myrecipes.com
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 6 slices Bacon, center-cut, chopped
- 0.5 cup Shallot, sliced
- 1.5 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 6 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 0.75 cup Chicken broth
- 0.25 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 0.25 teaspoon Black pepper, freshly ground
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and saute for 5 minutes or until bacon starts to brown. Remove pan from heat. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon, reserving 1 tbsp of drippings in the pan and discarding the rest.
- Return pan to medium-high heat. Stir in bacon, shallot and Brussels sprouts. Saute for 4 minutes. Add garlic and saute, stirring frequently, for 4 more minutes, or until garlic begins to brown. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until broth has mostly evaporated and the sprouts are tender. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper and serve.