Adapted from bonappetit
Blueberry-Chia Seed Jam
- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups fresh (or frozen, thawed) blueberries
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons (or more) pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- Bring blueberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, and maple syrup to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, just until blueberries begin to burst, about 5 minutes. Use a spoon to lightly mash about half of the berries to release their juices.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until juices are reduced by half, 5–10 minutes.
- Remove jam from heat; taste and add a bit more maple syrup if you prefer it to be sweeter.
- Return to a boil, then stir in chia seeds; cook 1 minute to soften seeds.
- Let jam cool slightly, then transfer to heatproof jars or containers. Cover and let cool completely.
- Chill until ready to use.