Beer Butt Chickenourharvest.com/recipes/beer-butt-chicken
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Ready In: 50 Minutes
- 1 Split, Whole Pastured Chicken
- 2 tablespoon Grill It Spice
- can A Light American Lager (Budweiser works well)
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- Drink half of the beer.
- Prepare grill for high, indirect heat and fit with grill pan (for a charcoal grill, bank coals on 1 side of grill and put drip pan on top of the cooking surface on the empty side; for a gas grill, leave 1 burner turned off and place drip pan over unlit burner).
- Add beer to pan to a depth of ½".
- Rub the chicken with oil, salt, and the Grill It spice.
- Place cavity of chicken, legs pointing down, onto open can so that it supports chicken upright.
- Place can, with chicken, on grill over indirect heat (and sitting in drip pan).
- Grill chicken, covered, until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of thigh registers 165°F, 45-60 minutes.
- Let the bird rest for 10 minutes, then carve and serve.