Dr. Ronit Kalman of Smart Life Health Coaching
Acorn Squash with Quinoa and Lentils
- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 Acorn Squash
- 2 cup Lentils or Black Beans (cooked)
- 2 cup Quinoa
- 4 cup Crimini or Shitake Mushrooms (very finely chopped)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 cup Parsley (chopped)
- 0.5 Jalapeno (seeded, finely diced)
- 2 tablespoon Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Ground Pepper (to taste)
- 0.25 cup Vegetable Broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove stems from squash, cut in half, and remove seeds.
- Cut a thin slice of the skin from the outer edge of squash, perpendicular to cutting board, so it sits without wobbling. Place squash flesh side down on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes or until tender. Let cool.
- To make filling, sauté mushrooms and garlic in ¼ cup vegetable broth over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, until fully cooked. If needed, add additional broth while cooking.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Stir in mushrooms and garlic.
- Spoon filling into squash, pressing down mixture slightly.
- Bake squash for 20 minutes or until heated through and enjoy!