Buy Organic Tromboncino Squash near New York, NY from Norwich Meadows Farm
- Native to Italy, the long-necked Tromboncino is also known as Center Cut squash. It is common as a decorative gourd, but on the request of chef Dan Barber, vegetable breeder Michael Mazourek revive this heirloom to showcase it's nutty taste and meaty texture.
- With the seeds concentrated at the base of the squash, the Tromboncino’s long neck is denser and less watery than the average zucchini, packing in more complex flavor. And its solid stem provides natural resistance to squash vine borers in the field.
- The seeds for this product comes from Row 7 Seeds, a collaboration of chef Dan Barber, breeder Michael Mazourek, and seedsman Matthew Goldfarb. They work in the field and kitchen alongside chefs, breeders, growers and eaters who share their mission to re-imagine food from the ground up.
- Grown by Norwich Meadows Farms in upstate New York. Norwich Meadows is focused on using only environmentally safe and sustainable farming practices
- All produce grown by Norwich Meadows is certified organic by the Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA)
- Each order contains 2 lbs of squash
Also from Norwich Meadows Farm