Buy Ground Sweet Allspice Berries near New York, NY from Burlap & Barrel
- Allspice is the dried berry of a beautiful evergreen tree, and one of the few classic spices indigenous to the new world. Used widely in Caribbean and Mexican cuisines, its characteristic combination of sugar and spice is a key element of jerk chicken, mole sauces and many other dishes.
- This sweet allspice has a characteristic smoky warmth, reminiscent of toasted almonds and baked fruit. It’s a perfect addition to spiced holiday desserts like pumpkin or apple pie, adds depth and complexity to beverages like cocktails, chai masala, or hot chocolate, and even works well with meat dishes like chili, bolognese or curries.
- Imported and packed by Burlap & Barrel, a New York based company sourcing single-origin unique spices from artisan farms around the world.
- Each order contains one 2.0 oz jar.
- Ingredients: 100% ground allspice (Pimenta dioica)
Also from Burlap & Barrel