Local New Harvest Turmeric in East Hampton, NY by Burlap & Barrel
- This turmeric is grown organically on a small farm in southern India by an expert farmer specializing in sustainable agricultural techniques. It has a sweet, floral flavor without the metallic bitterness found in lower quality turmeric, and is perfect for both sweet and savory applications, in curries and other dishes as well as in turmeric teas and lattes.
- Its high curcumin content (4%) makes it ideal for both culinary and nutritional uses. Add it to sauces, stews, salad dressing and baked goods for bright color, depth of flavor and wellness.
- A note: this spice is often used as a natural dye. So you have a decision to make: either use caution (and maybe gloves) when handling or proudly display your yellow hands to show that you've just cooked with some very potent turmeric.
- Imported and packed by Burlap & Barrel, a New York based company sourcing single-origin unique spices from artisan farms around the world
- Each order contains one 1.9 oz jar.
- Ingredients: 100% ground turmeric (curcuma longa)
Also from Burlap & Barrel