Local True Star Anise near New York, NY from Burlap & Barrel
- Star anise starts as a fibrous green fruit with a tart, underripe-peach flavor, and turns into the woody red-brown spice as it dries. Burlap & Barrel's star anise is picked by hand in the mountains near the border between Vietnam and China, grown by our partner farmer Chu Thi How and her cousin Hoang Thi Keo. They have a beautiful flavor and aroma perfect for both sweet and savory dishes.
- Add petals to stocks, braised meats, rice, teas and cocktails, or grind them onto desserts or baked goods.
- Imported and packed by Burlap & Barrel, a New York based company sourcing single-origin unique spices from artisan farms around the world.
- Each order contains one 0.5 oz jar.
- Ingredients: 100% true star anise fruits (Illicium verum)
Also from Burlap & Barrel