Wisconsin may produce the most cheddar cheese in this country, but we think that the Northeast produces the BEST. This cheese board is for serious cheddar lovers and includes four unique and delectable types.
- Cheddar Bites (Maplebrook Farm): Also known as cheddar cheese curds, these are pulled from the vat before they would be pressed into blocks for aging and are then set overnight to enhance the flavor. This cheese is handmade, using hormone free and 100% Vermont cow's milk. Once you pop, you guarantee you won't be able to stop. (Pasteurized)
- Aged Extra-Sharp Cheddar (Shelburne Farms) : Made from the raw milk of a herd of gorgeous Brown Swiss cows, the cheddar is delicious and balanced: bright, fruity, and sharp, with a creamy texture and a long finish. This Cheddar is also an amazing melting cheese, so if there are leftovers, use them to create the ultimate grilled cheese. (Raw)
- Cabot Clothbound Cheddar (Jasper Hill Farms): This pasturized cow's milk cheese has been dubbed as addictive as narcotics by certain devoted fans. It's rich and caramelly, speckled with bits of crystalline crunchy goodness. (Pasteurized)
- Cranberry Pistachio Crisps (Jan's Farmhouse Crisps)
- Sesame Citrus Crisps (Jan's Farmhouse Crisps)
- Savory Granola (Byrdfood)
- Lemon Saffron Jam (Brins Jam)