Local Provola Piccante delivery near Roslyn Heights, NY by Caputo Brothers Creamery
- The spicy little sibling of provolone, this young provola is infused with Calabrian Peperoncino (chili flakes) and is made from Caputo Brothers Creamery’s famed fermented mozzarella curd. The curds are pulled just as they would be for mozzarella, but are shaped into long bats instead of balls. The cheeses are then salted in brine and hung to dry in Caputo’s aging caves.
- These cheeses tend to be quite young - just 2 or 3 months, and are smooth and buttery with a sublty piquant swissy bite.
- Made in Pennsylvania by David and Rynn Caputo in the traditional Italian cheese making tradition.
- Each order contains one ~6oz piece of cheese
- Ingredients: Pasteurized cows' milk, cultures, animal rennet, salt, Calabrian Peperoncino
Also from Caputo Brothers Creamery