Order Whitney in New York, NY by Jasper Hill Farms
- Made in the style of mid-elevation mountain cheeses of the Alps, Whitney is a smooth, meltable cheese. Named for Jasper Hill's longest and most loyal employee, Tim Whitney, this cheese is steadfast is an homage to its namesake.
- During the cheese making process for this cheese, the curds are rinsed of their whey with water to slow the acidification and create an even, elastic texture. While aging the cheese, the wheels are washed with a mixture of morge (a naturally cultured brine) and spent yeast from La Garagista, a Vermont terroir-driven natural winemaker in Vermont. The flavor marries equal parts of mellow, milky goodness and fruity, earthy funk.
- This cow's milk cheese is raw, uses an animal rennet, and is aged 3-6 months.
- Each order contains 1 piece of cheese (~6oz)
- Ingredients: raw cow's milk, salt, animal rennet, cultures
Also from Jasper Hill Farms