- Baked fresh daily
- Increased hydration creates a delicate, well-aerated crumb structure coated with a thin, lightly crisp, golden crust
- The slipper shaped loaf has a malty, toasty, wheaten flavor
- Founded in 1994 by James Beard Award winner Jim Lahey, Sullivan Street Bakery is known for its Italian-style bread, Roman-style pizzas and pastries
- Each order contains one whole loaf
- Ingredients: flour, water, sea salt, yeast, natural starter
This makes for a beautiful, impressive, and tasty first course. It gets bonus points for being super simple to prepare, and it can even be made a day ...
Adapted from On The Line Inside the World of Le Bernardin Cookbook by Eric Ripert and Christine Muhlke